Data loss can occur at any time. You may mistakenly delete images from your memory card while using your camera. There’s no need to panic when such an incident occurs. You can still recover the images. You only need to discover what to do. Given below are simple tips that can help.
- You need to develop the habit of backing up your vital digital photos on a regular basis. You can use an external hard drive, or USB device for the purpose. You can also burn the pictures onto a CD or DVD. This prevents you from losing the images completely when an accident occurs.
- If you happen to delete some pictures from your memory card mistakenly, you have to quit using the digital camera and the card. You don’t need to keep capturing and saving new images on the memory card. If you do, the deleted images may be overwritten by the new ones you’re capturing. This can make them irrecoverable. You have to quit using your camera and wait for the next step.
- Never think of formatting the memory card by any means. If you do, you may never recover the deleted files anymore. You still have to quit using the memory card and wait for the next step.
- The next thing you have to do is to locate reliable data recovery software. You can easily purchase it from a reliable online vendor (for example from us). Once you order the software, you have to download and install it on your system.
- You’ll then remove your memory card from the camera and insert it into your computer’s card reader slot. Once you insert the memory card, your computer will detect it. If you open the data recovery software, it will also read the card.
- You have to use the data recovery software to scan the memory card. This is the beginning of the image recovery process. The software will go ahead to recover the lost images and present you with choices. You can save the recovered images into a new folder which you can create in your hard disk. You can go ahead to copy the recovered images back to your memory card. If don’t require other files in the memory card, you can format it before copying back the recovered images.
In all, you need to take certain precautions in order to avoid unexpected image lost from your memory card. You should avoid exposing your digital media to extreme temperature. You should also keep the memory card away from strong magnetic fields. You’ll always preserve your stored images and files when you take proper precautions.